Description of service
This service description describes the regulations and standards on which Directory is based, how to become a customer of the service, and how the service is used.
Prerequisites for using Directory
- Your company must subscribe to GS1 Company Prefix from GS1 Sweden.
- Your company must sign an agreement for Directory.
- Your company must comply with the terms and conditions and pay the fees in accordance with applicable agreements for Directory.
How Directory works
- Directory lets you publish your GLNs and administer information about these GLNs so that the information is searchable in GS1 Sweden’s and other GS1 organisations’ Number Information Services. This means that you do not need to update your information to your partners one-by-one. It is sufficient to do this in Directory.
- With a Directory agreement, your company can make an unlimited number of searches in GS1 Sweden’s Number Information Service. If you are not a customer of Directory, you can only make a maximum of 30 searches per day in GS1 Sweden’s Number Information Service.
- You can search for other companies’ GLNs and associated information in Directory.
- Directory verifies that the GLNs published in GS1 Sweden’s Number Information Service belong to an active and valid GS1 Company Prefix.
- Your company has the possibility to connect via an API for automatic searches in GS1 Sweden’s Number Information Service.
Governing regulations and standards
You will find all information on standards and regulations on which Directory is based in GS1’s General Specifications.
Getting started with Directory
- If your company does not already have a GS1 Company Prefix from GS1 Sweden then you must first order a subscription for this. You do that here.
- With a subscription for a GS1 Company Prefix you can then sign an agreement for Directory. You do this by logging in to MyGS1.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact our customer service Mondays to Fridays during office hours.
- Your company does not have the right to forward personal information from GS1 Sweden’s Number Information Service to a third party.
- Your company does not have the right to encourage its users to generate e-mail messages or other communications to those contact persons whose contact details are presented in GS1 Sweden’s Number Information Service or in Directory.
- Your company does not have the right to automatically generate e-mail messages or other communications to persons whose contact details are presented in GS1 Sweden’s Number Information Service.